What is it?
This is a small "Desktop Aquarium", perfect for shrimp, snails or small fish. It comes with a light, in-built filter and filter media.
We recommend ordering livestock at least a week after setting up your aquarium. If you haven't already got some we recommend adding aquasoil and some plants which you can set up now before adding shrimp. Don't forget a water conditioner as well.
What does it come with?
- Acrylic tank with an in-built filter, lid and filter material.
(19cm across, 20cm deep, 7.5 Litres or 2 Gallons)
- Water pump to run the filter.
- LED touch button light and 240V to usb transformer.
Please note this tank does NOT come with soil, conditioner, plants and tweezers. We recommend getting these if you do not have them.
Should I order livestock together with the tank?
You can order snails together with the tank without an issue, however for shrimp and fish it is recommended that you "cycle" the tank first.
The filter needs to establish itself before it can support a lot of livestock, so to let it cycle; you just need to set up your tank and keep the filter on for a week or two as you would normally.
For this reason, we recommend setting up your tank and plants first, then placing a second order for fish and/or shrimp a week or two after your tank has been set up.
With that said, one or two small shrimp or fish would usually be fine, but do so at your own risk.
Setting up the tank:
- Unpack the tank from the box and separate the plants, soil and other parts.
- Place the tank in your desired location.
Set up the filter:
- Take out the pipes, pump and lid of the tank.
- Remove the protective paper sticker off the lid, the top of the light (use your nail on the section where the plug connects to the light).
- Assemble the pump by connecting the pipes and hose to it.
- Insert the filter media into the left sections of the back. If you have extra filter media fill it up as desired.
- Insert the pump into the remaining section and angle the hose at the top of the pipe into the gap at the top of the filter area.
- Insert the lid joint into the tank. be careful not to damage the hinge.
- Place the light on the back of the aquarium and plug in the power. Turn the light on by tapping the metal section on the top of it.
Applying any soil and plants:
- Evenly spread un-washed aquasoil over the base of the aquarium.
- Use a scraper or ruler to level the surface, or if desired create gradients.
- Slowly fill your aquarium with water until the water level is about 3-4cm above the soil. This makes planting easier.
- Begin planting your aquarium. Make sure you spray your plants with water until the planting process is completed.
- Once the aquarium is planted, slowly fill your tank to the desired level.
- Power up your filter system and allow the water to clear over the next few hours, then let your tank cycle for at least a week.
If you have any questions or problems feel free to contact us!
We purchased this tank a few weeks ago and it works great. I wanted something small that didn't need much upkeep but that could house a few fish and some shrimp. This fits the bill. The provided filter media doesn't fill the entire filter space, maybe only half. I recommend getting some additional filter sponge material if you want to take advantage of the space and have crystal clear water.
All small products, plant or snail orders are $3 flat postage. Very large products, plant or snail orders are $11 tracked postage.
Express is a flat $14 no matter the order size (I will cover any extra for free).
Live Goods and Postage
All live goods are sent with express post for a flat $14. Purchases for the week will be cut off SUNDAY - 8pm. All orders placed after that time may be sent on the following week.
Pickup is from our store located at: 153/313 Harris St, Pyrmont, Sydney, NSW. Please let us know before you come after placing your order so we can confirm it will be ready then.
Terms and Conditions
We will refund or replace any livestock that arrives DOA (Dead on Arrival) but cannot guarantee your order will arrive on time since we have no control over the postage service. If you have any issues with your order please let us know.